Friday, February 24, 2017

Take the Work Out of Working Out


Let’s be honest. Does anyone actually enjoy working out? Sure, you may be a gym rat who claims to enjoy working up a sweat and building muscle, but given the choice, I’m sure you’d much rather be sprawled out on your couch watching your favorite tv show. That’s because working out is work. It’s not meant to be fun or easy, because it takes time and oftentimes, some pain. That phrase feel the burn isn’t for nothing.

If you want to get the most out of your workout, then there will always be some degree of work involved. However, it doesn’t have to feel like work and it can actually be fun if you go about it the right way. I was an active sports player in high school and I always enjoyed the camaraderie that came with being part of a team more than the solo workouts I had to keep up with to stay in shape. In college, when I was busy with mountains of schoolwork, working out became even more of a chore. So I found ways to make it less so and it actually worked! I really do enjoy making fitness a part of my regular routine when I implement tactics to make it more fun. 

For some ideas to make working out more fun, check out the full blog here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment